As an ISO Agent, developing a solid partnership with a good merchant services company is key to your success. There are significant benefits to working with a merchant services company—from having access to the latest technology to 24/7 support. Here are 5 reasons to work with one of the top merchant services providers.
1. Access to the latest technology. When you partner with a merchant services provider, you can have access to the latest payments technology. For instance, if you work with a merchant who still sells paper gift certificates, you can set that business up with gift or loyalty cards—both are great ways to help merchants retain and grow their customer base. A good merchant services partnership should also provide point of sale systems and e-commerce solutions. So, if one of your merchants needs help establishing their web presence or adding an online store, the right merchant services provider can make it happen.
2. Referral Partnerships. When you work with a provider that offers a referral program, it’s easier to close deals with fewer objections. When someone the merchant trusts, asks them to meet with you, your chances of converting that sale are much higher.
3. Marketing assistance. As an ISO agent, you’ll likely require marketing support and collateral to convert potential merchants. The best merchant services providers also assist with your marketing efforts. Some organizations share exclusive marketing tips with agents via monthly email blasts. Other providers assist with print and digital collateral in order to attract new merchants.
4. One call away. To serve and support merchants, many providers offer some level of support via phone and/or email. For instance, at Electronic Merchant Systems (EMS), we offer 24/7 support for both you and your merchants. Whether you’re promoting services to a prospect or upgrading equipment for a current merchant, it’s important that you have access to trained support professionals.
5. Expand your merchant base. Lastly, a good merchant services provider will help you expand your merchant base—considering all of the above factors, plus two additional: (1) variety of services and products, along with (2) availability and quality of equipment. The better your provider, the better you can be as an agent. Make sure that your provider offers access to quality equipment and the latest payments industry technology, marketing assistance, and 24/7 merchant and agent support.
With an A+ BBB Rating and a 4.7-star rating on Google with over 700 reviews, our merchant reviews demonstrate our effectiveness as a merchant service partner.
At Electronic Merchant Systems (EMS), our approach to our agent program stems from the understanding that our success depends on the success of our agents. If you enjoy running your own business, but you want to leverage an infrastructure for service and support, check out the EMS Agent Program. And find our team at the next payments industry trade show!
Electronic Merchant Systems is a leading provider of payment processing & merchant services. For more information please visit our website.